Megyn Kelly is about to launch her new Sunday news show at NBC, but so far it's been a little tough for her to leave her Fox News career behind.

In an interview with Politico, the 46-year-old broadcaster said that despite being fond of the network she worked for 12 years, she is happy to get away from the Fox News outrage machine.

"No, I'm not going to miss the crazy news cycle. The audience enjoyed the show and I'm grateful for it," Kelly said. "But it wasn't who I was and it isn't who I am. ... While I will cover politics ... I don't want to do only that. It's not enough for me personally."

"I want to foster more human connections and make people feel something better than the constant outrage," Kelly continued.

While Kelly said Fox News is valuable to viewers, she pulled back when asked about the network's decision to allow Sean Hannity to promote an unproven conspiracy theory alleging that murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich gave hacked DNC emails to Wikileaks.

"I'm not saying everything said about Fox is fair or unfair, but in my experience they get hit by a lot of stuff," Kelly said. "My experience is it's a place filled by great journalists and some opinion journalists who say controversial things and skate much closer to the edge."

Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly, the host's weekly news magazine show, will premiere on NBC June 4 at 7 p.m. and feature part of her conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin, which will take place as part of a panel later this week at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.

Kelly is also reportedly trying to land a one-on-one interview with Putin, a hot subject considering the ongoing investigations into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

"We have to talk about it," Kelly said.

Here's the first promo for her new show: