A scary moment today in the fourth inning today as Roy Oswalt was struck in the back of the neck by a Manny Ramirez line drive. He left the game under his own power, which was pretty amazing given what at first looked like a direct shot to the back of the head.
We'll keep you updated. Here's everything we know right now.
Until the Oswalt incident, the story of the day was Luis Castillo's Phillies debut. As I write this, he is 0-for-3 through seven innings.
His second at-bat resulted in a well-hit line drive directly at Rays second baseman Felipe Lopez. His first at-bat resulted in a weak groundball to first base. His third at-bat resulted in a groundout to second base.
He hasn't seen many balls his way in the field.
He's playing second base and batting second.
Here is a list of your Phillies injuries thus far this spring:
- Chase Utley (knee tendinitis, appears headed for DL)
- Brad Lidge (biceps soreness, missed 11 days, is back)
- Placido Polanco (hyper-extended elbow, hasn't played since March 15)
- Jose Contreras (scratched cornea, threw bullpen today, day-to-day)
- Domonic Brown (broken hand, out another 3-4 weeks)
- Roy Oswalt (neck bruise, status TBA)