It is Day 6 of spring training, when, for the first time, hitters will face pitchers in live batting practice sessions. The exercise sounds a lot cooler on paper than in practice. Many of the hitters will not swing the bat, instead using the session to stand in the box and get acclimated to recognizing and timing pitches. The younger guys tend to be less patient.
Throughout the spring, we'll take a stab at projecting what the 25-man Opening Day roster will look like. What follows is our first attempt.
- Jimmy Rollins SS (ODDS OF MAKING ROSTER/DL: 100 percent)
- Michael Young 3B (100 percent)
- Chase Utley 2B (100 percent)
- Ryan Howard 1B (100 percent)
- Darin Ruf LF (60 percent)
- Domonic Brown RF (65 percent)
- Erik Kratz C (95 percent)
- Ben Revere CF (100 percent)