The California Supreme Court issued a ruling against Bill Cosby on Wednesday, thereby allowing accuser Judy Huth's civil suit to move forward. As a result, Cosby may face a deposition under oath in the next 30 days.
"We are looking forward to Mr. Cosby answering questions under oath at his deposition," plaintiff's attorney Gloria Allred said in a statement. "We will continue to seek justice for our courageous client, Judy Huth."
Cosby's lawyers previously filed a petition to dismiss the suit, citing procedural errors. As a result, a deposition scheduled for last month had been delayed pending a decision regarding Cosby's petition. However, now Allred says that she hopes to question Cosby "as soon as possible within the next 30 days."
Huth first claimed publicly last December that Cosby sexually assaulted her in 1974 at a party at the Playboy Mansion when she was 15 years old. The Los Angeles County district attorney declined to file criminal charges, citing statute of limitations issues.
Cosby has since countersued Huth, claiming that he is a victim of extortion.
In a separate case, a deposition of Cosby from 2005 that was recently unsealed includes the comedian testifying under oath that he purchased Quaaludes with the intention of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with.
Cosby has never been criminally charged in connection with the dozens of sexual assault allegations he faces. He has repeatedly denied the allegations through his representatives. Earlier this month, investigators in Atlantic City closed accuser Lili Bernard's case against the comedian and did not file charges.