The Eagles will face off against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium on Thursday, a preseason rematch of the Super Bowl that will once again pit Nick Foles against Tom Brady (though likely for less than a quarter).
Coach Doug Pederson didn't reveal how many snaps Foles will play tonight, but during last year's second preseason game, the first-team offense took 17 snaps. Mike Wallace, a former Pro Bowler who signed with the Eagles to replace Torrey Smith, is also expected to see some playing time tonight.
Here's what you need to know about Thursday's preseason game:
When: Thursday, Aug. 16
Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.
Time: Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.
TV: NBC10 (Scott Graham, Mike Mayock, Dave Spadaro)
Simulcasts: FOX 43 (Harrisburg), FOX 56 (Scranton)
Radio: 94.1 WIP (Merrill Reese, Mike Quick, Howard Eskin)
Spanish radio: La Mega, 105.7 FM (Rickie Ricardo, Gus Salazar).
Streaming: FutboTV, NFL GamePass (both require a subscription)
Mobile: Verizon Wireless subscribers can stream the game on their phones for free
>> READ MORE: What to watch in the Eagles-Patriots preseason game
Eagles Preseason Kickoff, hosted by John Clark and Keith Jones, will air on NBC10 at 6:30 p.m. The show includes a feature on "The Philly Special" and will take fans inside an off-season workout with Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins. Following the game, Clark and Jones will be joined by former Eagles receiver Mike Quick, who will be reporting live outside the Eagles locker room. Mayock will also join the broadcast to offer his analysis of the game.
With NBC Sports Philadelphia airing game two of tonight's Mets-Phillies double-header, Eagles Pregame Live hosted by Michael Barkann will air live on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ at 6:30 p.m. Ed Rendell, the former Pennsylvania governor and Daily News columnist, will join the Barkann, Ray Didinger and former Eagles Seth Joyner and Barrett Brookfor Eagles Postgame Live following the game.
For Eagles fans who miss the game live, the NFL Network will re-air the Eagles-Patriots preseason game in its entirety Thursday night at 11 p.m. and again on Friday at 4 p.m.
• Wide receivers Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor are both sitting out tonight with minor injuries, and running backs Corey Clement, Donnel Pumphrey and Josh Adams all missed Tuesday's practice and are unlikely to play.
• Wendell Smallwood and Matt Jones, who are fighting for a spot on the Eagles' 53-man roster as the team's fourth running-back, will get most of the opportunities in the backfield tonight. "I should play a lot. I need to," Jones told Les Bowen.
• Despite the team's depth at cornerback, fourth-round draft pick Avonte Maddox has been making the case for serious playing time once the season starts. Maddox was a standout on special teams during last preseason game, so keep an eye on him during tonight's game.
>> READ MORE: The Eagles' Super Bowl win makes me miss the losing
• Brady told WEEI in Boston that he "absolutely" plans to play against the Eagles tonight. But will he finally congratulate Foles for the Eagles' Super Bowl win? (For the record, Foles thinks "it's not a big deal at all.")
• Will Jason McCourty play against the Eagles? The veteran cornerback, who was signed by the Patriots in the offseason, didn't play at all last week, and head coach Bill Belichick explained why in the most Belichick way possible: "The guys we played, we played. The guys we didn't play, we didn't play. We'll play other guys this week and we'll see how it goes."
Thursday, Aug. 16
7:30 p.m. – Eagles vs. New England Patriots preseason game
Thursday, Aug. 23
8 p.m. – Eagles vs. Cleveland Browns preseason game
Thursday, Aug. 30
7 p.m. – New York Jets vs. Eagles preseason game