A man who has been labeled a "publicist" and "spokesman" for new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci deleted several pointed tweets directed at Reince Priebus.

Arthur Schwartz, who denied being either in a contentious back-and-forth with CNN's Jake Tapper Sunday morning, accused the former White House chief of staff of having an affair in an angry tweet that also mocked him for losing his job in the Trump administration.

"Keep pushing this crap & I'll start dropping oppo on you. Mistress much, ?" Schwartz's deleted tweet said.

Twitter

Schwartz also appeared to admit he was behind other anonymous attacks of Priebus in the press.

"Remember when people told you that it was me that was trashing you in the press?" Schwartz asked, directed at Priebus. "They were right. Happy to start again."

Twitter

Despite denying he was working for Scaramucci, Schwartz himself said on Twitter earlier this week that he was his spokesman.

Schwartz also admitted to the New York Daily News that he wasn't sure if his allegation about Priebus was even true. "It's just rumors that have been going around for a while," Schwartz told the newspaper.

After deleting the messages, Schwatz said Priebus accepted his apology for the incident. Priebus did not respond to a request to comment.

The tweets were in response to a Huffington Post story written by newly-appointed editor-at-large Vicky Ward that reported Priebus blocked Scaramucci from being hired by the White House due to concerns over his business dealings.

According to the report, an "adviser to the White House" said Priebus was aware of email traffic that suggested Scaramucci sold his company, SkyBridge Capital, for an inflated price to a Chinese conglomerate that might expect favors from the administration in return.

"I sold SkyBridge. I don't work there anymore," Scaramucci said on CNN's New Day on Thursday morning in response to the scrutiny over his personal financial holdings. "There's residual profits that once the sale occurs I am going to receive, but I am not on salary. I do not have a W2 there. What do you want me to tell you?"

Schwartz's tweets were noticed by Tapper, and the two got into a heated back-and-forth where Schwartz denied working for Scaramucci and at one point threatened legal action against the Philadelphia native and CNN anchor.

Schwartz shared a screenshot of text messages with New York Post reporter Dana Schuster where he denies that he's a client working for Scaramucci. "I'm just a friend helping him out," the message says.

Scaramucci has been the center of news attention since accepting the job as White House communications director, replacing Sean Spicer. His profane interview with The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza dominated news coverage last week just as Republicans were attempting to pass a "skinny" repeal of the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.

During the interview, Scaramucci called former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus " a f— paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoid" and claimed chief strategist Steve Bannon was trying to build his own personal brand off "the strength of the president."

After the interview was published, Scaramucci said he'd refrain from using "colorful language," but stopped short of apologizing for his comments.

On Friday, Priebus was replaces as White House chief of staff by Gen. John Kelly, who has been serving as Trump's Homeland Security secretary.

Over the weekend, Scaramucci blasted the "class" of the media after the New York Post reported that his second wife has filed for divorce.

Scaramucci didn't deny the Page Six story, which reported that 38-year-old Deidre Ball is ending her 3-year marriage with Scaramucci, 52, over his successful quest to get close to President Trump, whom she reportedly despises. Instead, he called out the coverage of the report, which he said will reveal "who in the media has class and who doesn't."

"Family doesn't need to be drawn into this," Scaramucci wrote in a Saturday morning tweet.